Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Trip to Leeds


This post is a little late because my husband and I got the flu just after our Leeds trip and I let my blog go by the wayside while we recovered, I have to say even after our Beverley trip on Saturday I got home and collapsed for almost two hours! I cant remember the last time I took a nap so to be so tired after such a short day out seems crazy to me especially seeing I thought I had fully recovered.
Anyway, the other weekend my husband and I headed down to Leeds for two days. We have been there once before but it was only for a day and it went by so quickly we both wanted to return. I cant for the life of me remember why we decided to leave so late on a Friday and get home the next evening because normally we will go away for the whole weekend but it worked out so well and we both really enjoyed it! There was so much to see and its fun just walking around in a new city and getting a little lost.


We walked past the Mandela Gardens at some point and seeing my hubby and I are from South Africa it made us a little home sick. We also just get really excited whenever we see something to do with South Africa.


Our only real plan for the trip was to head to the Leeds Royal Armouries. The last time we went to Leeds we only got to see one floor as it was just before closing time and seeing I have a love for museums and am a little on the geeky side I wanted to go back. Sibz and I really enjoyed it and I'd definitely recommend a trip if you are in the area!


After that we headed to Brew dog for a couple of beers, found a random place for lunch after we couldn’t get in to our first choice and decided to kill our last few hours with a movie seeing we hadn’t been to one in a few months and my hubby was feeling tired (which turned into the flu the next day) . We chose the lego movie and both enjoyed it but we didnt think it was quite as funny as its been made out to be.

xo Kristy





No comments:

Post a Comment