Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Monday!

I had such a good weekend! It was the sort of weekend you need before a two week long 'holiday': to relax at home, do a bit of baking and watch DVDs! haha, we also did a bit of shopping for a few last minute presents for friends and family. We haven't been back to South Africa since our wedding so it's just a few late birthday and Christmas presents we said we would bring back instead of send over.

We also bought the second and third season of Doctor Who and thats what we spent the weekend watching, Sibz and I are so addicted already! And while my husband was busy looking at the DVD store I popped into Boots and took advantage of the buy two get one free sale and added to my Essie nail polish collection! I actually went in for lipstick and couldn't decide so just settled on nail polish. I got tart deco, mint candy apple and sole mate. I'm quite excited to wear the first two when I have a nice tan! (Obviously not together though! haha) Can't wait for the Durban beach and sun!

I have also been promising my husband lately that I would bake for him and seeing that he loves carrot cake and we only recently discovered what parsnips were and he loves those too, I decided to try a parsnip cake. It was quite good although I don't know if I would use the same recipe again, I did change it a little because I didnt have all the ingredients, ie: golden syrup instead of maple syrup, muscovado sugar instead of mixing soft brown sugar and dark brown sugar, used plain flour instead of cake flour and added a bit more baking powder, etc. but I don't think those would have affected it too much. I used a recipe I found here.




Anyway, all in all it was a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment